Software Engineer (Infrastructure)
Skilljar is seeking a versatile Infrastructure Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be a generalist with experience in system administration, network operations, software development, build and release engineering, etc. As a key member of our team, this engineer will play a central role in evolving our build and deploy process towards continuous delivery, increasing dev velocity, and ensuring a stable and secure production system.
We’re looking for a motivated, highly-collaborative, self-starter who is comfortable owning and driving infrastructure projects, and has a successful track record building automation tools in an agile development environment. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Support and implement best-practice solutions & processes for Skilljar’s platform and infrastructure including: CI/CD pipeline; Application infrastructure; Logging, monitoring and alerting; as well as Operational metrics collection, analysis, and review.
- Linux systems administration.
- Work with the software teams to provide stable, automated infrastructure.
- Collaborate with software teams on root cause analysis.
- Automate infrastructure tools & scripts.
- Keep abreast of current and new technologies and tools related to your field.
- 3+ years of work experience as an infrastructure engineer or similar role (preferably on AWS).
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery: hands-on experience with Jenkins required, familiarity with other CI systems (Travis CI, Drone, etc..) a plus.
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Bash, or similar scripting languages required.
- Experience supporting and integrating log management tools, application monitoring services and alerting services such as AWS Cloudwatch, InsightOps, New Relic, VictorOps and PagerDuty.
- Experience deploying and managing Heroku applications in a production environment preferred.
- Familiar with the development, hosting, and support of web applications in a production environment.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.