In this role, you will actively participate in co-selling with the Skilljar sales and account management teams, both pre-sales and post-sales. You will discover, scope, and design technical solutions and deliver product demonstrations throughout Skilljar’s customer lifecycle.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Discover: Assist in the identification of potential sales opportunities. Execute discovery of our customer’s extended enterprise training business objectives, goals and challenges. Get clarity around their vision and validate with the customer.
- RFI/RFP Responses: Lead the creation of responses to customer Request for Information or Proposal (RFIs and RFPs), including creating and formatting the content, ensuring the quality of the response, and ensuring timely delivery of the response.
- Product Presentations & Demonstrations: Deliver product presentations and configured demonstrations to prove Skilljar’s ability to deliver value as it relates to our customer’s Extended Enterprise training initiatives. Incorporate customer’s specific value drivers into demonstrations and presentations.
- Support Trial Process:Sometimes as part of the sales cycle, a trial will be requested; the Solutions team will provide dedicated support to the trial customers. Assist customer in navigating through the Skilljar product to ensure validation of their specific requirements. This includes hosting and managing a kickoff, check in, and closure call and providing email support throughout.
- Technical Subject Matter Expert: Be Skilljar’s Technical Subject Matter Expert. Support Pre-Sales, Account Management and Customer Success in technical conversations with customers. Be well-versed in and able to deliver an in-depth overview of Skilljar’s technical architecture and product capabilities as they relate to our customer’s existing technical landscape and requirements.
- Security validation: Manage, to successful conclusion, security validation requests that require collaboration with our Engineering, Finance, and Legal teams.
- Define the Appropriate Solution: Manage the scoping and definition for statements of work for customer-specific customizations. Work collaboratively with Engineering and Services and Support to ensure technical and functional accuracy when defining custom work. Set appropriate expectations with the customer in regard to timing and scope.
- Transfer Knowledge: Share your selling and technical experience with the rest of the Skilljar team, both formally and informally.
- Collaboration and Support: Assist other Solution Consultants in the execution of the above responsibilities.
- Offer Feedback: Provide feedback to Product Management from our customer’s perspective as collected through the sales, renewal, and growth processes.
- 3+ years professional experience as a Sales Engineer or Technical Sales/Solutions Consultant within enterprise SaaS buying environments.
- Excellent presentation skills (remote and in person), including an ability to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with a wide variety of individuals within a customer organization.
- Ability to influence both technical and executive audiences.
- Superb written communication skills.
- Strong technical writing and project management skills.
- Adept at assessing competitive landscape and positioning effectively against them.
- Ability to “think on your feet” and comfortable architecting creative solutions while facilitating solution design discussions.
- Experience responding to RFIs, RFPs, and InfoSec inquiries.
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment preferred.
- Strong drive to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or the equivalent years of related work experience (7+).
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.