Skilljar is seeking a Sales Manager to lead our fast-growing Account Executive team. This individual will bring their experience to meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets as well as focus on building and maintaining a highly motivated and results driven sales organization. Additionally, you will be responsible for helping to develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve targets and expand Skilljar’s customer base. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with exceptional cross-functional skills and have strong inside sales management experience.
- Supporting direct reports by participating and leading in prospect meetings and/or demos. Engaging with other company resources as required.
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring, and training new Account Executives.
- Ability to build and execute a sales plan.
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings and coaching direct reports regarding strategies to drive closure.
- Reviewing AE level Quarterly Business Objectives and working with them on achieving those objectives.
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, tracking the results, and reporting on and sharing forecasts with leadership and finance team members.
- A motivational leader that is capable of leading a high performing sales team.
- Able to think horizontally while collaborating with other leaders across the business to drive results (including Account Development, Marketing & Finance).
- At least 3+ years of individual contributor, quota-carrying SaaS sales experience. Plus an additional 3+ years of inside sales management experience.
- Ability to recruit, lead, and retain high performing Account Executives.
- The ability to influence executives, customers, and partners.
- Excellent presentation skills (remote and in person). Able to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with a wide variety of individuals within a customer organization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment preferred.
- Strong drive to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent years of related work experience.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Skilljar's mission is to empower Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage and retain customers. Leading global enterprise organizations such as Cisco and Verizon rely on Skilljar to accelerate customer onboarding and time-to-value. Backed by some of the world's most prominent financial institutions including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the customer training platform of choice for enterprises. We are a professional and experienced team with roots from Amazon, and a fun work environment just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle. This is an amazing opportunity to join a funded, early stage startup. Come join our team!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.