Skilljar is seeking an Executive Assistant to enable and support our CEO and the Skilljar executive team as we embark on our next phase of growth. As the Executive Assistant, you’ll help maximize both the CEO and the Executive team’s time in order to better focus on key business objectives in an environment of rapid growth and change.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, organized, highly communicative, calm, curious, detail-oriented, professional, hands-on, and capable of handling a high degree of ambiguity in a VC-backed tech startup. It is critical to have a high level of integrity and confidentiality, and the intuition to react with appropriate urgency and judgment to emerging situations. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a front-row seat at a rapidly accelerating startup that has already delighted dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients!
- Represent and manage CEO’s email, calendar, and agenda in line with business priorities.
- Book professional travel, manage expenses and facilitate all communications related to meetings, conference calls, invitations, and other events.
- Coordinate lunches and dinners with senior leadership, key customers and partners, and other constituents.
- Coordination ownership of off-sites, social events, board meetings, company planning, and other company-wide and departmental events.
- Create, maintain, and/or design presentations both internal and external, as well as draft and proofread written communications.
- Understand the role will support a variety of special projects and miscellaneous company operational needs. Ranging from ensuring the CEO eats a healthy lunch to ordering office supplies. As well as, assisting with vendor management, and organizing contracts and documentation, responding to social media requests, categorizing survey feedback, and other administrative duties.
- Help set and track agendas for given meetings. Assist with note-taking and/or action items to document the decisions made in meetings.
- Support other senior leaders in the organization as needed with a variety of tasks.
- Minimum 3 years in an administrative role. An additional 1-2 years in an Executive or Admin Assistant role that supported C-level executives in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly detailed-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Willingness and aptitude to take on a variety of miscellaneous projects.
- Patient and reliable with a strong sense of discretion and professionalism.
- Proven experience with handling confidential company information.
- Strong ownership and ability to take on new tasks with little guidance or oversight.
- Possesses a growth mindset with the desire to take on new responsibilities and processes as the company evolves. Ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Mastery of G Suite and other office software.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.