Director, Talent Acquisition
Skilljar is seeking a Director of Talent Acquisition to continue to develop and lead our recruiting strategy in support of our company’s rapid growth. This role will report directly to the CEO and is a critical role to help ensure Skilljar is able to attract and hire the right people (Skillets) to continue scaling our product, service, and organization year over year.
In partnership with the Skilljar leadership and the Talent Acquisition team, you will be responsible for optimizing the talent acquisition structure and processes utilizing Skilljar’s talent philosophy. In addition, you will help build a unique employer brand and lead a Recruiting team to deliver outstanding candidate experiences while hiring best-in-class talent.
Our talent philosophy:
- Recruiting is vital to Skilljar’s success and is everyone’s job.
- We succeed by creating the best candidate experience possible.
- The cost of a mis-hire far exceeds the cost of an empty seat.
- Past performance and project assessments are the best indicators of future success.
- Skilljar fit is a combination of functional skills and alignment with our core values.
- Talent acquisition is a data-driven discipline.
- We all have unconscious biases that should be factored into our interview process.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Full Lifecycle Recruiting Leadership: Drive Skilljar’s talent acquisition strategy and recruiting procedures to address both short-term and long-term talent needs. Develop and execute best-in-class practices for end-to-end candidate experience - inclusive of sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring - with an emphasis on outbound sales recruiting.
- Data-Driven Operations: Establish, track and iterate on internal and external measurements focusing on the effectiveness of the Talent Acquisition function, including cycle time, channel, funnel, and ROI metrics.
- Recruiting Process: Work with Recruiters to continually enhance hiring processes and helping to improve our ability to attract and properly vet the right candidates. Assist recruiters and hiring managers in making final selection decisions. Train hiring managers and interviewers on Skilljar’s interview process and industry best practices.
- Business Partners: Partner with leadership to understand the business needs and support our team in all components of defining hiring needs both current and future.
- Employer Brand: In partnership with HR and marketing, continue to develop and extend our employer brand through online and offline activities.
- Resource Planning: Regularly assess, develop, and implement recruiting programs and technologies, including both traditional and innovative approaches. Monitor and actively manage the budget and recruiting investments.
- Agency Management: Manage third-party agencies and contractors on a weekly basis to ensure effective, accountable relationships and a financial return on investment.
- People Management: Coach, mentor, and expand our talented recruiting team to meet our aggressive hiring goals.
- 10+ years of talent acquisition experience in a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years of people management experience leading a team of full cycle recruiters, recruiting coordinators, and sourcers.
- High-growth startup experience is required, with an emphasis on developing and executing outbound recruiting programs. Enterprise SaaS experience is a huge plus.
- Ability to develop recruiting programs for both local and remote hiring, utilizing a mix of innovative sourcing techniques and tools that attract high-quality, passive candidates.
- Ability to create an experience that delights candidates and can negotiate/close deals in a highly competitive talent market.
- Ability to manage external agencies to supplement our in-house team, including executive search firms and contractors.
- Exceptional collaboration, relationship, and consultative skills with success in fostering long term relationships and partnerships with internal teams as well as external partners and candidates.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with the ability to utilize data and metrics to drive decision-making.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with high attention to detail.
- Hands on experience in leveraging applicant tracking systems, Lever experience preferred.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.