Skilljar is seeking an experienced Director of Product to lead and grow our team of Product Managers and Product Designers. As a team, you’ll own the Skilljar product roadmap and delivery of features to best delight our growing customer base, while also ensuring technical security, quality, and scalability. You’ll engage customers, partner with marketing and sales to set strategy, define product and program roadmaps, and work with engineering to deliver and guide execution. Finally, you will evangelize new features to your stakeholders, work to accelerate their adoption, define key success metrics, measure impact, and help grow a fantastic business!
You must be very comfortable wearing multiple hats in a highly ambiguous environment, building and iterating on processes on the fly, and working closely with cross-functional teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and focused individual to get in early at a rapidly scaling startup that has already delighted hundreds of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients.
- Strategy: Drive overall product strategy and roadmap, collaborating with stakeholders across the company and the executive team. Support product managers in formulating charter documents (e.g. 1-pagers) that align with overall business goals and priorities. Lead our product prioritization process for short, medium, and long-range time horizons.
- Communication: Coordinate inbound feedback from our many stakeholders, both internal and external, including sales, marketing, customer success, engineering, and of course customers themselves (via Customer Advisory Board, direct conversations, and other channels). Provide outbound visibility (as appropriate) to internal and external stakeholders on product roadmap and program status. Ensure up-to-date product documentation and communication (collaborating with marketing and customer success).
- Delivery: Get hands-on to support your team in defining and documenting product features and requirements (e.g. 1-pagers, BRDs, user stories, wireframes, prototypes). Partner closely with Engineering leadership to plan software development cycles in a fluid, agile environment. Strive to continuously improve, maximizing our development resources to deliver the highest possible business impact.
- Details and Results: Develop and implement superior product operations within your team and execution across our organization. Meet or exceed your goals while delivering predictable, high-quality features in the product.
- User Science: Continuously improve our understanding of our customers through multiple user science methods, including interviews, surveys, analytics, focus groups, and usability testing.
- People Management: Grow and develop a team of top-notch Product Managers and UX/Product Designers.
- 10+ years of product management experience in a fast-paced technology environment, where you were accountable for strategy AND execution, in enterprise software and/or B2B SaaS.
- 5+ years of people management (leadership) experience, with a track record of successfully developing Product Managers and UX/Product Designers, and an emphasis on scaling to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
- Demonstrable successes in both launching (innovating) and scaling (iterating) products as the strategic owner.
- Passion for understanding customers and users, including direct experience with shared customer roadmapping, Customer Advisory Boards, and custom development.
- Outstanding data analysis skills and ability to incorporate data into product decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to present and iterate with senior executives.
- Extensive experience with agile software development practices and a history of strong partnership with Engineering.
- Highly effective at cross-functional collaboration and navigating ambiguity.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and Get Stuff Done in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Skilljar's mission is to empower Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage and retain customers. Leading global enterprise organizations such as Cisco and Verizon rely on Skilljar to accelerate customer onboarding and time-to-value. Backed by some of the world's most prominent financial institutions including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the customer training platform of choice for enterprises. We are a professional and experienced team with roots from Amazon, and a fun work environment just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle. This is an amazing opportunity to join a funded, early stage startup. Come join our team!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.