People Operations Coordinator (HR Coordinator)
Skilljar is seeking a people-focused, forward-thinker who is detail-oriented and results-driven to join as our People Operations Coordinator. This person will play an integral role in assisting our Director of People with HR-related duties and projects while also taking care of some of our office-related tasks. The People Operations Coordinator will be very hands-on in providing full-cycle support to our employees (Skillets) and leaders. If you are looking to join a fast-growing company where no day is the same and if you love working in a fast-paced environment and like working with fun people, then this is the place for you.
You must be very comfortable wearing multiple hats in a highly ambiguous environment, building and iterating on processes on the fly, and working closely with cross-functional teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup.
- Collaborate with the Director of People to develop and enhance programs to facilitate employee success and team experience in line with achieving key business objectives and results.
- Handle employee inquiries and escalate issues with appropriate judgment.
- Provide high touch support to employees by responding to questions quickly and with a friendly and helpful approach.
- Assist and evolve new hire orientation and on-boarding, new hire surveys, semi-annual employee surveys, quarterly check-ins, and exit interviews.
- Take ownership of day to day benefits administration and partner with our broker to find appropriate solutions.
- Help cultivate a positive work environment and an authentic employee experience through programs, activities and events that reinforce our culture and values.
- Enter and maintain employee information into our HRIS on a timely basis, be accountable for administration and data integrity.
- Take part in the fun committee and help schedule events, coordinate logistics, and prepare materials for people and culture related activities and company-wide initiatives.
- Partner with team members on various office management tasks as needed.
- 1+ years of People Operations/Human Resources experience in the Technology industry.
- High growth startup experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations with maturity.
- Experience with HRIS tools - preferably Zenefits, Gusto, and Small Improvements.
- Confidence in using Google products and Macs a plus.
- Experience with benefits administration.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, open office environment.
- Maintain a high level of time-sensitive work prioritization, accuracy, organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-sufficient, results-oriented with a commitment to quality, service and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a highly ambiguous environment is a must for this role.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.