Software Engineer (Front-End)
Skilljar is seeking a versatile front-end engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will join a team that is responsible for the front-end development of Skilljar's online training platform, content management dashboard, and our marketing website, skilljar.com.
We’re looking for a motivated, highly-collaborative, self-starter with a successful track record building software products in an agile development environment. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Develop web applications using the latest technologies including Vue, SCSS, ES6, and Webpack.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to create delightful user experiences.
- Write high-quality code and participate in design and code reviews.
- Evaluate front-end technologies and contribute to decision-making conversations about applying them to your team’s product.
- 3+ years as a web developer using MVC frameworks like Django, Rails, or equivalent.
- Production experience with ECMAScript 6 (ES6) and have used reactive frameworks such as Vue, React, or Angular.
- You are knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with building front-end APIs with service-oriented backends is a major plus.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.