Senior Content Marketing Manager
Skillshare is looking for a Senior Content Marketing Manager to create content and lead the editorial strategy for our owned channels, with the goal of growing our engaged membership base and increasing brand awareness. Working closely with our brand & creative teams (as well as departments across the company), you’ll publish relevant content that fosters community, conveys the sense of fun and inspiration at the heart of our brand, and ultimately demonstrates the value of Skillshare. You’ll be a driving force in establishing the foundation for content marketing operations at the company – developing collaborative workflows, upholding editorial governance, and optimizing our content and publishing cadence for social channels and our blog as we scale.
The ideal candidate for this role is a passionate, enthusiastic storyteller and strong writer who balances creativity with leveraging data to inform strategy. You’ll be a key stakeholder in making content marketing a reliable growth engine for Skillshare’s brand and business.
What you'll do:
- Produce, publish, and promote content for our owned channels – including social media, our blog, and YouTube – that drives traffic and engages our community
- Collaborate with our Brand, Creative, Marketing, Originals, Product, and Data teams to create high quality content that is relevant to our audience and demonstrates the value of Skillshare
- Create organizational workflows and uphold editorial governance to ensure all content is consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone
- Optimize our content and publishing cadence on regular basis, based on the success of our programming as measured by engagement and conversion
- Upgrade and scale our channel infrastructure with SEO and content categorization best practices in mind
- Stay up-to-date on trends and algorithmic updates across channels to maximize our promotion efforts
- Plan and manage our social media presence and strategy
- Proactively identify and drive new tests on our channels
- Build and nurture a strong freelancer network to accelerate quality content creation
Why we're excited about you:
- You have experience owning and scaling social media and blog channels for a high-growth company
- You have demonstrated impact through building large, engaged online communities
- You’re a strong, versatile writer with experience writing across social media channels and blogs
- You’re a natural storyteller with great editorial judgment and strong visual aesthetic
- You are fluent in best practices around SEO, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution, and measurement
- You leverage insights for impact: you look at patterns in the data, synthesize insights, and use them to make content and conversion funnels stronger
- You’re a self-starter with a spirit of experimentation, always identifying opportunities to improve and test new ideas for our channels
- You have strong project management skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Bonus: you have experience with video creation for social media and/or YouTube
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll be the driving force behind the strategy and content for our owned channels, and a key stakeholder in making content marketing a reliable growth engine for Skillshare’s brand and business.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.