Senior Software Engineer, Android
As a Senior Android Engineer, you’ll join our product team to help shape the future of mobile learning. Our suite of mobile apps play a key role in our mission to bring learning to everyone–on-the-go, offline, in your pocket, and even on your TV. You'll be responsible for building core, simple yet elegant features that are used by our Android apps from users around the world, improving performance, and for architecting solutions that underpin the product at scale.
You’ll be joining a team that’s passionate about technology, building products that we’re proud of, and upholding a strong, collaborative team culture. We're excited to meet you.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build core features to shape our fast-growing product.
- Uphold the integrity, reliability, and performance of our scaling platform.
- Architect simple solutions to complex challenges.
- Collaborate with the entire product team to preserve our agility.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3+ years experience building user-facing and production-level apps.
- Pro knowledge of Java and Android dev tools.
- Proficiency writing tested, well-documented code.
- Passion for building products that users love.
- Personal apps live in the App Store a bonus.
- Start-up experience a bonus.
Why you want this job:
- Our mission: We are building a learning ecosystem for the new economy and changing millions of lives for the better.
- Our growth: We are looking at triple-digit growth (and then some) in 2018. It’s going to be a very exciting year for Skillshare.
- Our team: We have a passionate, whip-smart team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. Need flexible hours to take care of family obligations? No problem. Need to work from your parents’ house over the holidays? Working remotely is part of how we need to work these days. You’re a professional, so just do what you need to do.
Skillshare’s mission is to make the new economy an open meritocracy, where the skills and expertise needed to succeed are available for anyone willing to learn them. With more than 19,000 classes taught by 5,000+ practicing professionals, we have helped more than 4 million students build the skills they need to succeed. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia and Omidyar Network.