Strategic Finance Associate
Remote (US) /
As Strategic Finance Associate at Skillshare, we’ll look to your expertise leveraging financial data to provide key insights that drive the company’s strategic decisions, financial forecasts, and operating plans. Reporting to the Director of FP&A, you’ll work closely with the executive team and other key stakeholders to ensure we’re making the best decisions possible for the business – which means opportunity for impact and exposure across the board.
This role is a great opportunity to play a meaningful role on strategic initiatives across a high growth, mission-driven company. You will develop a strong understanding of Skillshare’s business model, including economics, product and market strategies and competitive context. One day, you may develop financial models to assess the impact of key business decisions the company is contemplating. The next, you may evaluate a potential acquisition target to determine whether it fits the company’s strategic and financial goals. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, keen attention to detail, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What you'll do:
- Analyze data and facilitate sound management decisions through financial reporting while highlighting material variances, trends and risks/opportunities, and providing insightful commentary to the business and partners
- Strategic financial planning to assess impact and potential trade-offs for key business opportunities such as introducing new revenue streams and international growth opportunities
- Work cross-functionally to monitor, analyze and communicate the performance of strategic initiatives as well as incorporate go-forward business decisions into the financial forecast model
- Track and communicate insights about industry activity, including but not limited to competitor product introductions, strategy shifts and fundraising / M&A activity
- Assist with investor relations activities, including Board presentations and investor requests
- Help shape the company’s M&A strategy and identify potential acquisition opportunities across the competitive landscape
- Support transaction execution through due diligence, detailed financial / valuation analysis and materials preparation for the executive team and board
Why we're excited about you:
- You are a Google Sheets and/or an Excel whiz; advanced formulas, complex modeling, etc.
- You can take a high-level idea and formulate a detailed analysis to support key stakeholders’ decision making
- You enjoy analyzing large volumes of data, interpreting and identifying pertinent issues, and communicating insights in a meaningful and concise manner
- You’re experienced with creating clear and strategic PowerPoint presentations for senior-level audiences
- You have a solid understanding of the M&A process, from identifying opportunities through transaction execution
- You enjoy collaborating and have the ability to work cross-functionally and guide non-finance teams with data and analysis
- You have experience in investment banking, private equity, strategic finance / FP&A, corporate development or analytically-driven roles
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Your analysis and insights will be the foundation for many of our most strategic business decisions.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.