Head of Data & Insights
United States /
Data & Analytics /
As Skillshare’s Head of Data and Analytics, you’ll lead and develop the team that answers the big questions that shape the growth of our business and community. Reporting to our CFO, this will be a highly visible, cross-functional role that works closely with the company’s executive leadership and supports their various teams and functions. With more than 12 million users, 30,000 classes and hundreds of millions of minutes watched every year, this is a data leader’s dream job.
What you'll do:
- Data and analytics: Your team will answer the big questions around our product, content, and community. What content drives the most engagement and retention? How do we cluster and segment our users to deliver a personalized experience? What features help us optimize for retention and growth?
- Business intelligence: The day-to-day tracking of our core operations. Every week you’ll lead the conversation about what numbers are up or down and why, and keep the departmental leads focused on the most important metrics and KPIs.
- Data foundations & infrastructure: We see the data organization as absolutely essential to our long-term growth and strategy, and we will look to you to see around corners and develop the people, processes, and infrastructure we need to reach our full potential. In this function, you will partner closely with the data engineering team and our CTO.
Why we're excited about you:
- Communications: Data can make your head hurt, but you package and communicate the essential information in a way that is perfectly tailored to your audience. You can go deep and technical with your team of data scientists, and you can bring it up a few notches for Board presentations and investor decks.
- Partnership: This is a highly cross-functional role, and your visibility and accessibility across the organization make you a go-to resource and valued partner to our teams.
- Technical skill: You inherit a strong group of data scientists and analysts, and your technical expertise makes you a valuable sounding board and mentor to the current team and future hires.
- People management: We place a lot of value on great managers, and you are an accomplished leader, coach, recruiter, and mentor.
- Strategic: You may have the technical details nailed, but you know how to pull back and see the forest through the trees. Your insights will be essential as we plot our long-term strategy and vision.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: There are few roles at Skillshare that will have more impact and visibility. Your team will be partnering with every department to give them the data and insights they need to achieve their goals.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time. We have a fresh $70 million in capital and a very, very long to-do list.
- Teamwork: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are a series-D company backed by OMERS, Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.