Lead Designer, Growth
Remote (US) /
At Skillshare, our mission is to inspire creativity through discovery. We’re building a global platform that empowers millions of members to come together, find inspiration, and take the next step in their creative journey.
As a Senior Designer, you’ll lead efforts to grow, engage, and retain our vibrant global user base. You’ll actively identify and drive data informed growth outcomes as well as be a key contributor to the voice of product design at Skillshare. You will champion the user to develop a holistic experience that works on all platforms.
You’ll be responsible for prioritizing experimentation and balancing business growth and customer problems. You will research, define, and architect key user journeys to provide best-in-class journeys that lead users into our product experience. We’ll look to your expertise in building customer-centric products, technical know-how, and your ability to work seamlessly with teams across the company, champion our users and drive impact as we scale.
What you'll do:
- Build strong partnerships and cross-team workflows with product, data, engineering, brand, marketing, and design leaders to develop growth strategy tactics and experiences.
- Be the voice of the user. You’ll understand user needs and evangelize UX research findings across the organization.
- Develop and maintain continual understanding of competitive online learning platforms in the market and identify where Skillshare can innovate & pull ahead.
- Run countless experiments that help push our product forward.
- Rapidly produce various concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect detail vs. when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation that welcomes new ideas. You’ll work closely with product stakeholders to improve outcomes and push the boundaries of design.
Why we're excited about you:
- You are a designer with consumer-driven product design and have the portfolio and track record to match.
- You continually seek high impact metrics-driven outcomes and have experience & excitement about working on a rapidly growing part of the business.
- You are the champion of the user. You evangelize the importance of designing a user-focused product and are fluent in user research best practices as a foundation for larger design workflows.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven skillset in facilitation, wireframing, prototyping and design systems
- Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence amongst stakeholders and cross-functional internal teams to drive results. You naturally build relationships across the organization and ensure alignment across the board.
- You’re a big picture, strategic thinker who thinks outside the box – but knows how to start small. You know how to convey your vision (both short and long term), articulate tradeoffs, get stakeholder buy-in, and ultimately execute.
- Thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll contribute to Skillshare’s growth strategy and roadmap.
- Our team: There aren’t many venture-backed startups with high growth rates, a strong platform and subscription-driven business model, AND a powerful social impact. On top of that, our small team is passionate, talented, and driven.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.