Senior Inventory and Logistics Manager
San Francisco, CA
Skip is looking for an experienced Senior Inventory & Logistics Manager.
In this position you will coordinate our supply chain and work closely with our operations leadership and hardware teams. You will be responsible for building and managing the processes to track inventory, spare parts, and vehicle lifecycle. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create a best-in-class supply chain and inventory process to support the continual growth at Skip.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Will be a key member of the Operational Excellence team
- Optimize our Supply Chain plan & collaborate across our partners to get vehicles and parts where they need to go
- Measure, track, and analyze our inventory costs and develop market-level knowledge through data and site visits
- Collaborate cross-functionally with each City Operations team and our Hardware Engineering team to identify process improvements and hardware product enhancements
- Own and track inventory consumption and market KPIs
- Participate in and influence NPI schedules from an inventory and market management perspective
- Work closely with Operational Excellence teams in each market to improve visibility, standardize processes, and manage cost of operations
- Create a well-oiled process for all city inventory analysts to minimize costs and outperform repair and deployment goals
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 5-7 years experience as inventory manager or supply chain manager in a scooter-share, retail, or automotive environment - you should have experience managing inventory for multiple locations
- A strong desire to be a business leader, and prove yourself in a fast-paced startup environment
- Previous experience building forecasts and inventory tracking in fully manual (spreadsheets) to fully automated (advanced planning and forecasting tools) environments
- Comfort handling multiple SaaS platforms and an ERP system
- A constant sense of urgency with follow-through -- you are relentless about getting things done correctly and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with warehouse workers and executives alike - you know when and to who you should escalate issues
- Unquestioned work ethic
- Passion in our mission to rapidly advance the future of mobility
- Startup experience strongly preferred but not required Bachelor's Degree
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.