Technician Team Lead
Washington DC Operations
Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Menlo Ventures, Initialized, A Capital and Paul Graham.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We believe in working together with transportation departments and were the first permitted system of our kind in the country. Our DNA is rooted in solving problems by listening to and working with agencies, community groups and riders.
Skip is immediately hiring for roles across software and hardware engineering, product, government relations and ground operations as we rapidly expand across the country.
- Leadership ability in a shop/manufacturing environment
- Ability to assess incoming repair needs, and set goals for completed repairs
- Keep track of inventory for spare parts and tools
- Previous experience doing bicycle, automotive, motorcycle, or electronic repair preferred
- Great with power tools and small mechanical assemblies
- Able to listen and learn new tasks
- Communicates effectively
- Ability to multi-task and take on different roles around the shop
- Strong work ethic and dependable
- Able to work a flexible schedule (normal hours Mon-Fri 8-5, but occasional overtime if needed)
- High attention to detail
- Maintains an organized workspace
- Must be able to pass a background check
This is an exciting and special role on the ground floor of a new transportation system shaping cities. We have a lot of room for you to grow in this role.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.