Washington DC Operations
Do you enjoy playing Battleship or Monopoly? As a field coordinator with the Skip DC team, you are in charge of optimizing the positioning, readiness, and supply levels of the regional fleet. You will have the opportunity to develop valuable operating skills in a fast-paced, collaborative, and mission-driven company.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Plan scooter deployments based off current conditions
- Optimize pick up pricing to ensure fleet is charged
- Coordinate scooter rebalancing
- Assist on-boarding of Skip Rangers (the contractor workforce that picks up our scooters) and responding to their questions
- Deploy scooters directly to the street from our repair facility (requires some lifting)
- Manage fleet size to ensure compliance with local limits
- Monitor fleet for onboard health checks
- Report on conditions impacting our fleet
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- A passion for working with a fast-growing startup in the mobility space
- Proficiency in web-based software platforms
- Flexibility for varied schedule, including some mornings, some evenings, and some weekends
- Customer support experience a plus
- The ability to work 5 days a week
- The ability to work over weekends
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.