Operational Excellence Manager
San Francisco, CA
Skip is looking for an experienced Operational Excellence Manager who is excited to join us and build the world’s best micromobility electric vehicle fleet. The ideal candidate is a people-centered and results-oriented leader who has a passion for continuous improvement, managing change, and servant leadership. You will lead a culture of Operational Excellence in a young, fast-paced, mission-driven company.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop Value Stream maps of the operations and business processes, and use CI tools and Kaizen events to constantly improve upon the current state
- Establish, lead, and maintain Operational Excellence programs to empower associates
- Define operations deliverables and system requirements to meet those deliverables
- Define, monitor, and improve KPIs (operational and financial) that have a true impact on Skip’s success
- Train, lead, and empower ops teams with Visual Workplace Management, CI and other Lean tools
- Implement CI methodology and PDCA cycle in sites and in tandem with the IS teams to deliver better results everyday
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES:
- Design and implement the operations playbook for new vehicles in several markets
- Define and implement a complete set of operations KPIs and dashboard for new vehicles
- Create a New Center of Excellence, and implement a full lean system for the MRO operations, documenting the improved performance and gains for such a system
- Create a roadmap for scaling the lean methodology across the operations with clear cost-benefit and ROI analysis
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Demonstrated results in Operational and Business Excellence roles
- A deep knowledge and minimum 3 years of experience in CI, TPS, and lean methodologies and tools
- Knowledge and experience in 6 sigma is a plus
- A strong track record of leading cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to motivate and influence decision makers at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical engineering desired, but strong experience in ops excellence roles will be considered
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.