San Francisco, CA
Skip is looking for a technical recruiter to help us build the best engineering team in micro-mobility. We’re growing quickly and have immediate openings across our software, product, design, and hardware teams. The best candidates will have the right DNA of scrappy and detail-oriented.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build job descriptions, interview plans, collaborate with hiring managers and leadership, strategically source and close candidates in a competitive hiring market
- Identify talent from current sources and create new sources for diverse, high-caliber candidates
- Guide candidates through the interviewing process and ensure that they have an impeccable candidate experience
- Foster diversity and inclusion on our teams
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 3+ years of technical recruiting and sourcing experience at an established tech company or high growth start-up
- A passion for building from scratch, a willingness to get your hands dirty, and an excitement around ownership and leadership
- Demonstrated track record of creating hiring targets and reaching weekly/monthly/quarterly goals for one or more teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and recruiting etiquette
- Experience and passion for hiring a diverse team and building an inclusive company culture
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.