San Francisco, CA
Product & Design
Skip is looking for a product designer to focus on our digital experiences, spinning fluid requirements into solid-gold simplicity and helping us re-imagine how fingers interact with maps. The Skip design team is focused on our users, and you will be helping us understand them while becoming their most vocal advocate with internal teams. You will work at all levels of the process: talking with our users, pulling apart flows and putting them back together more simply than you found them, interpreting brand guidelines into visual languages that amplify platform conventions.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Actively drive user research to inform design and strategy
- Design features, UX and UI for mobile platforms and web
- Help define the roadmap for our products
- Iterate and improve designs through user testing
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product managers to understand the problem and refine your solutions
What you’ll need:
- 2 to 4+ years of working experience as a product designer
- Designed mobile products across multiple platforms
- Used and developed design systems
- Explored and communicated ideas in a range of fidelities (from paper sketches to animated interactive prototypes)
- Worked directly with engineers
- Experience shipping mobile software
- Experience with user testing
- A passion for moving people across urban environments
- A portfolio
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.