Washington DC Operations
Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Menlo Ventures, Initialized, A Capital and Paul Graham.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We believe in working together with transportation departments and were the first permitted system of our kind in the country. Our DNA is rooted in solving problems by listening to and working with agencies, community groups and riders.
Skip is immediately hiring for roles across software and hardware engineering, product, government relations, and ground operations as we rapidly expand across the country.
The Inventory Manager is responsible for full supply chain management of the Washington, DC vehicle and parts needs.
What you'll do
- Forecast parts demand and work to fulfill parts orders
- Maintain the accuracy of inventory using our software backend, parts databases, and manual hand counting as back up
- Work with our global suppliers to manage the supply chain of parts
- Update records in our proprietary databases
- Receive merchandise from vendor(s) and compare against packing list
- Stock parts on the repair floor for technicians’ usage
- Determine quantity of parts to be ordered based on the technicians’ usage
- Identify discrepancies and adjusting them to reflect an accurate count
- Create logs of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Identify salvage vehicles for stripping and spare parts
- Properly dispose of used parts through garbage and recycling haulers
- Be self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Experience with an ERP system a plus
- Bachelor's Degree a plus but not required
- 2 - 4 years of verifiable leadership in operations or in a service department
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, persistent when needed
- Time management, follow daily and weekly schedules
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Attention to detail
What we're offering
- Competitive salary plus
- Generous benefits package - including health, dental, and vision insurance
- An opportunity to work for an early stage startup in an industry that is at an inflection point
We promise to thoroughly review every application, so please take the time to let us know why you are especially suited for this role.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.