Washington DC Operations
Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Menlo Ventures, Initialized, A Capital and Paul Graham.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We believe in working together with transportation departments and were the first permitted system of our kind in the country. Our DNA is rooted in solving problems by listening to and working with agencies, community groups and riders.
Skip is immediately hiring for a Part Time Operations Coordinator role. This role will be responsible for optimizing scooter locations and triaging repairs that are brought back to HQ. You will work directly with the Operations and Technician teams to identify common issues and maximize scooter utilization.
- Be the gate keeper between the Ranger team (our distributed network of people charging scooters) and the HQ team
- Act as the first line of defense for scooters that need repair. Do whatever you can to keep Skips on the street!
- Triage the state of a scooter and when required, perform simple fixes to get the scooters back on the road. This will be a combination of software diagnostics and light mechanical repairs.
- Always be hustling to ensure scooters are where they need to be, when they need to be, so that our customers can always find a Skip!
- Able to work either the morning shift from 6a - 3p or the evening shift from 3p - midnight (we are hiring for both shifts)
- This role is a ~20 hour per week job (2 or 3 days a week)
- Previous experience doing bicycle, automotive, motorcycle, or electronic repair preferred
- Ability to multi-task and take on different roles
- Obsession with 'the follow-through' -- being relentless about getting things done right
- Confidence in managing difficult conversations and situations
- Unquestioned work ethic and dependability
- Passion in what we're doing to rapidly advance the future of mobility
We are moving very quickly on both the size of our operation, and the number of cities we will be expanding to. This is an exciting and special role on the ground floor of a new transportation system shaping cities.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.