Fairfax, VA /
Washington DC Operations /
Do you enjoy playing Battleship or Monopoly? As operations coordinator for the Skip DC team, you are in charge of all ingress and deployment of vehicles in and out of the repair facility. You will lead the Rangers (our distributed network of people charging scooters) to drop-off and pick-up scooters. You will be charging batteries, as well as assisting repair technicians. You will have the opportunity to develop valuable operating skills in a fast-paced, collaborative, and mission-driven company.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micro-mobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Hustle to make sure scooters are always at the right place at the right time so that our customers can always find a Skip!
- Determine popular drop zones depending on time of day, and work with our charging team to get scooters to those locations
- Triage scooters coming into the depot so scooters needing repair get into the correct queue
- Able to work a flexible schedule on both weekdays and weekends
- This is a Full Time Position
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Energy & enthusiasm -- this job is fast paced and physically intensive
- Ability to multi-task and take on different roles
- An obsession with 'the follow-through' -- relentless about getting things done right
- Confidence in managing difficult conversations and situations
- Unquestioned work ethic and dependability
- A passion in our mission to rapidly advance the future of mobility
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.