Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Menlo Ventures, Initialized, A Capital and Paul Graham.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We believe in working together with transportation departments and were the first permitted system of our kind in the country. Our DNA is rooted in solving problems by listening to and working with agencies, community groups and riders.
Skip is immediately hiring for roles across software and hardware engineering, product, government relations and ground operations as we rapidly expand across the country.
- Service and repair scooters to maintain highest level of quality and safety
- Test and clear scooters for release
- Assemble and disassemble as needed
- Inspect and evaluate scooters to escalate issues, as needed
- Log details of the repair on the computer ticketing system
- Previous experience doing bicycle, automotive, motorcycle, or electronic repair preferred
- Adept with power tools and small mechanical assemblies
- Able to listen and learn new tasks
- Communicates effectively
- Ability to multi-task and take on different roles around the shop
- Strong work ethic and dependable
- Available Monday through Friday, from 9am - 6pm
- High attention to detail
- Maintains an organized workspace
- Ability to solder is a plus
- Must be able to pass a background check
We are moving very quickly on both the size of our operation, and the number of cities we will be expanding to. This is an exciting and special role on the ground floor of a new transportation system shaping cities. We have a lot of room for you to grow in this role.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.