Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
Product & Design
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation. We believe in working together with transportation departments, community groups, and neighborhoods -- not in spite of them. This approach enabled us to receive the first permitted system of our kind in the U.S.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade, and we have experience building safe and innovative products. Our founding team started Boosted Board in 2011 and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We’ve launched our service in some of the largest U.S. cities, and we have charted a path for rapidly expanding Skip across the country. To get there, we need your help!
We are hiring our first product managers across a number of areas:
Fleet Operations - building tools, platforms, and automation that help our operations teams intelligently manage their cities and vehicle fleets.
Core Experience - promoting safety and seamlessness in every aspect of the riding and charging experience across software and hardware platforms.
Safety - ensuring Skip is the safest and most trustworthy micro-mobility service of choice for consumers, with a special focus on fighting fraud and theft, promoting safe riding behavior, and achieving compliance with cities and community groups.
R&D - special projects that enable Skip to deploy the safest, most intelligent, and cost-efficient fleet through sensor technologies, artificial intelligence, and robotics.
As part of Skip’s founding product management team, you will:
- Define the product strategy for your areas.
- Deeply understand your customers from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Relentlessly prioritize the most important problems and work with design and engineering to brainstorm solutions and experiment rapidly.
- Partner closely with engineering, design, data science, marketing, and operations (among others) to execute on a focused and impactful product roadmap.
- Lead by example, inspiring others with your vision, hustle, storytelling, and resilience.
- Set the foundations for product management excellence. Infuse quality and innovation into our products that ceaselessly simplifies and delights our users, truly making Skip the preferred scooter service of choice in any city we launch.
What You’ll Need:
- Masters/Bachelors degree in computer science or related engineering field
- 4+ years as a product manager, with a track record of shipping products that customers love
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers in design, engineering, and data science across the product development process
- Experience designing for consumers across mobile and web
- Knowledge of mobile, web, and data technologies
- Startup hustle and balancing the inevitable trade-offs across time, cost, and quality
- Growth mindset and picking up new roles and responsibilities as the team expands
- Ability to break down complex problems, quickly, and with first principles
- Analytical, but comfortable having 80% of the data you need to make decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Deep passion for sustainable transportation and electric mobility
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.