Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Product & Design
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation. We believe in working together with transportation departments, community groups, and neighborhoods -- not in spite of them. This approach enabled us to receive the first permitted system of our kind in the U.S.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade, and we have experience building safe and innovative products. Our founding team started Boosted Board in 2011 and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We’ve launched our service in some of the largest U.S. cities, and we have charted a path for rapidly expanding Skip across the country. To get there, we need your help!
As we expand, we must build magical experiences for our riders, rangers, and operations teams. At its core, “magic” means it just works… This is challenging when the user experiences span physical hardware, web and mobile software, and city streets! By simplifying the complexity of these experiences, we aim to make Skip the safest, most accessible and fun way to get around town.
As the first in-house product designer at Skip, you will:
- Define the end-to-end multi-platform experiences for riders, rangers, and operations.
- To inspire your work, capture inputs from field research, focus groups and surveys, community forums, peers, and industry analysis.
- Partner closely with product management and software engineering to bring your designs to life, from driving the discovery process and producing prototypes, to raising the quality bar for everything we ship.
- Lay the foundations for making design a center of excellence at Skip, and work with our Head of Product to build out the team.
- You will infuse our products with Skip’s brand pillars, and truly make Skip the preferred scooter service of choice in any city we launch.
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years as a product designer, including substantial mobile-first design experience
- Startup hustle and balancing the inevitable tradeoffs across time, cost, and quality
- Growth mindset and picking up new roles and responsibilities as the team expands
- Ability to break down complex design problems, quickly, and with first principles
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- A track record of shipping great design, and working effectively across the product development process
- Effective prototyping skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile, web, and data design patterns (and when to break them)
- Passion for sustainable transportation and electric mobility a plus!
Through this work, you will not only bring sustainable last-mile transportation to our cities, you will set new product design standards for the entire micro-mobility industry.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.