Field Operations Lead
Washington DC Operations
As Field Operations Lead for the Skip DC team, you will manage the team responsible for the success of our new vehicle, the Skip S3. You will be in charge of deploying, recharging, rebalancing, and optimizing fleet position. You will have the opportunity to develop valuable operating and team building skills in a fast-paced, collaborative, and mission-driven company.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micro-mobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
What you'll do:
- Report directly to the General Manager
- Be responsible for directing daily deployments, battery swaps, repositioning efforts, and repair returns
- Optimize fleet health and utilization
- Measure, track, and analyze our fleet and develop street-level knowledge through data and field testing
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering and Operations teams on product requests and market strategy
- Own and track Field Operations and market KPIs
- Create a well-oiled working environment that is best-in-class, rewarding, and fun
- Work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late evenings, and occasional weekends
You Should Have:
- 2 - 4 years experience in a scooter-share, tech/software company with a focus on logistics, retail environment with several reports, or automotive environment with several reports (not a must but all highly desired)
- Strong desire to be a business leader, and prove yourself in a fast-paced startup environment
- Can handle several SaaS platforms simultaneously
- Ability to motivate and direct fields teams and convey analytical insights to the Engineering team
- An obsession with 'the follow-through' -- relentless about getting things done right
- Unquestioned work ethic
- Passion in our mission to rapidly advance the future of mobility
- Startup experience strongly preferred but not required
- Bachelor's Degree
What we offer:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for our customers, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.