Washington DC Operations
Do you love riding e-bikes around the city? If so we have an awesome position for you, as a Skip Scout for the DC team! You will be a Skip brand ambassador to the community and coordinate with the dispatcher to perform tasks around the city. You will have the opportunity to develop valuable operating skills in a fast-paced, collaborative, and mission-driven company. This is a full time position.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micro-mobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
What You'll Do:
- Use an e-assist cargo bicycle to deploy, pickup, and reposition scooters throughout the DC area
- Be a brand ambassador and positively share Skip with the community
- Engage with prospective riders in high traffic areas around the city
- Monitor streets to advise riders of proper scooter usage and traffic laws
- Coordinate with the Dispatcher to recover high-value scooters that need urgent pickup
- Carry out and improve fleet coordination and scooter pickup processes
- Execute on management direction and ask for feedback on performance goals
- This is a Full Time Position
What You Should Have:
- Experience and comfort biking in an urban environment
- An enthusiasm for scooters and alternative transportation
- A strong sense of DC geography or the ability to learn
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and make prioritization decisions on the fly
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Enjoy spending time outside and riding scooters
- Strong verbal and communication skills
Why Join Skip?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.