Proposal Writer & Manager
San Francisco, CA
Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
Skip Scooters is seeking a smart, talented and driven Proposal Writer/Manager! Our ideal candidate has the ability to write effectively on a variety of topics, exceptional editing skills, and experience creating proposals and collateral in some or all of the following areas: government affairs, construction, environmental, community relations, land-use/transportation planning, and media relations.
The best candidate will have 5+years of proposal writing/managing experience and will expand the business footprint and generate new business through identifying, managing, and writing winning proposals. Experience in marketing, public relations, and community outreach is a plus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the RFP process involving the Sales Engineering, Product Management, Professional Services, Legal, Finance, and Sales teams
- You will also work directly with senior staff to develop creative, timely and error-free proposals and qualifications packages. You will be the primary author and writer of the proposal elements.
- Strong organizational, writing, and business development experience is a must.
- The ability to work within a team and to maintain project momentum is essential.
- 2-5 years of experience as a RFP writer or technical writer for a technical enterprise software product
- Experience leading customer facing documentation, how-to guides, and step-by-step product instruction
- Strong project management and cross functional collaboration skills
- Proven ability to understand and explain details of a technical software solution to both technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Deliver high quality, clean and, concise documentation paying attention to detail.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills and polished presentation skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to step outside of traditional roles as needed in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Team player with can-do attitude.
Nice to Have
- Experience in Finance or Government space a plus
- Knowledge of Open Source Software, Business Intelligence Software, and/or Budgeting Software
- Experience running or being a large part of an RFP process
- Degree in technical or communications field
If you are qualified and have the experience to tackle this unique and rare opportunity in a growing company, please include a well-written, one-page cover letter, with a writing sample in the same document and no more than a two page resume
No phone calls please.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.