San Francisco, CA
Trust & Safety
Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Menlo Ventures, Initialized, A Capital and Paul Graham.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We believe in working together with transportation departments and were the first permitted system of our kind in the country. Our DNA is rooted in solving problems by listening to and working with agencies, community groups and riders.
Role & Responsibilities
- This role is for someone that is a little bit more than just a compliance professional, but for someone that can step back and see the bigger picture, wear many hats, and has a sharp business acumen.
- Monitor and update the Company’s compliance program to ensure appropriate compliance practices and procedures are in place across our all lines of business.
- Develop planning/implementation process/prioritization of city regulatory requirements.
- Conduct risk assessments and manage the compliance monitoring and testing program in accordance with regulatory expectations and best practices.
- Support government affairs on all regulatory inquiries, including state and federal examinations. Work in partnership with regulators in examinations.
- Prepare and present regulatory reports, annual compliance testing and remediation reports to the executive team as appropriate.
- Develop and lead employee training sessions on internal compliance policies and regulatory compliance issues. Conduct an enterprise-wide monitoring and testing program covering identified compliance risks
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of regulatory compliance experience
- Extensive experience interacting with regulators and law enforcement
- Background in building a compliance program/team and related systems
- Strong operational focus with the ability to manage time-sensitive workflows
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization as well as with external stakeholders
- Strong writing and communication skills
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.