Washington DC Operations
Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Menlo Ventures, Initialized, A Capital and Paul Graham.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We believe in working together with transportation departments and were the first permitted system of our kind in the country. Our DNA is rooted in solving problems by listening to and working with agencies, community groups and riders.
Skip is immediately hiring for roles across software and hardware engineering, product, government relations and ground operations as we rapidly expand across the country.
- Be the leader of our Staff Drivers and Street Team (our distributed network of people charging scooters)
- Synchronize activities between these teams and the Fleet Technicians to make sure the scooters are continually charged and in the best physical condition
- Handle edge cases and reconcile issues across our management systems
- Optimize positioning of scooters by leveraging a combination of local knowledge and data analytics
- Track key metrics around our processes and report them to local and company management
- Create a well-oiled working environment that is best-in-class, rewarding, and fun
- Work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late evenings, and occasional weekends
- Report directly to the City General Manager
- 2+ years experience in a top tier work environment (if you are burnt out in consulting, politics, finance, or law, we welcome you with open arms)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong desire to be a business leader, and prove yourself in a chaotic startup environment
- Be able to handle several SaaS platforms simultaneously
- Ability to flip between direct and logistical conversations with our ground teams, and highly analytical deep dives with our engineering team
- Obsession with 'the follow-through' -- being relentless about getting things done right
- Unquestioned work ethic
- Passion in what we're doing to rapidly advance the future of mobility
What we're offering
- Competitive salary plus bonus for hitting metrics
- Generous benefits package - including health, dental, and vision insurance
- An opportunity to work for an early stage startup in an industry that is at an inflection point
We promise to thoroughly review every application, so please take the time to let us know why you are especially suited for this role.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.