Regional Director, External Affairs
San Francisco, CA
Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Menlo Ventures, Initialized, A Capital and Paul Graham.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We believe in working together with transportation departments and were the first permitted system of our kind in the country. Our DNA is rooted in solving problems by listening to and working with agencies, community groups and riders.
Skip is immediately hiring for roles across software and hardware engineering, product, government relations and ground operations as we rapidly expand across the country.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for developing and implementing Skip’s external affairs and community engagement programs on a local and national level
- Responsible for representing Skip and influencing policy makers at the local level in California.
- Accountable for strengthening Skip’s political impact, brand and reputation using extensive grass roots, government and advocacy experience and network.
- Supports Skip’s state legal, regulatory and government affairs team to influence decisions that may impact local initiatives.
- Responsibilities relate to identifying and influencing proposed local and state legislative activities.
- Plans and executes strategies to ensure that any local legislation has a positive or neutral impact on the company.
- Interacts with local community organizations and other third-party community influencers.
- Keeps management informed of pending local legislation.
- Serves as primary strategic liaison accountable for outreach to company affiliations, special business and third-party groups.
- Provides team direction on communicating key messages and strategic initiatives to stakeholders.
- Plans and develops strategic messaging.
- Represents Skip in a variety of forums including providing testimony at committee meetings/hearings that address legislation impacting Skip.
- Compiles competitive intelligence.
- Bachelor's degree
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in advocacy/issues management and coalition-building.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative processes at the local and state level.
- Willingness to travel within territory.
- Willingness to work both during normal business hours, as well as, evenings and weekends should the circumstances require availability.
Even better if you have
- Four or more years of external experience in public affairs, public policy, lobbying, external affairs or other local/community focused disciplines.
- Demonstrated communications skills, both verbal and written and capability to communicate effectively with business units across the company as well as with third parties.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating issues in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Current, strong network of California contacts with local government officials and community organizations.
- Capability to be a self-starter with intellectual curiosity.
Openings for West, Midwest, Southeast, Northeast
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.