Assistant Manager, Maintenance & Repair Operations
Fairfax, VA /
Washington DC Operations /
Skip is looking for a highly skilled manager of leading an experienced, diverse team of scooter repair technicians, quality control, inventory, and facility specialists.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micro-mobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
What you’ll be expected to do:
- Maintain and sustain a respected working environment that is best-in-class, rewarding, and fun
- Work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late evenings, and occasional weekends
- Report directly to the Maintenance & Repair Operations (MRO) Manager
- Be the leader of our repair operations team
- Optimize processes to increase daily repair output and warehouse efficiencies
- Manage 7 Team Leads, Inventory and Facility Managers as well as up to 20 technicians
- Track and analyze repair data to understand warehouse efficiency performance
- Collaborate with software and hardware engineering teams to resolve problems
- Plan throughput of the repair operation to ensure there are enough scooters to meet the daily demand
- Track key operational metrics and report them to the MRO Manager
- Help hire, train, and lead the the DC Operations Repair Team
- Report daily to management on status of repairs
- Work with Inventory Manager to ensure parts and equipment needs are met on the floor
- Order tools and supplies through the Facilities Manager
- Be proactive in raising awareness of potential safety issues
- 3-5 years experience leading teams in warehouse operations, retail management, and manufacturing etc.
- Verifiable leadership in a service operations department
- Strong desire to be a business leader, and prove yourself in a chaotic startup environment
- Obsession with 'the follow-through' -- being relentless about getting things done right the first time
- Unquestioned work ethic
- Passion in what we're doing to rapidly advance the future of mobility
- Experience working on cars, bikes, or motorcycles (preferred)
- Understanding of mechanical design and software tools
- Strong communicator both oral and online
- Good motivator to accomplish repair goals
- Self-starter; a demonstrated ability to work independently and be proactive to anticipate needs.
- Proficient with using spreadsheets (Google Sheets, Excel, Airtable), time management software, and analytics platforms
- Highly skilled at prioritizing & multi-tasking with minimal instruction
- Excellent writing ability
- Must be personable, flexible and mature with strong time management skills
- Startup experience strongly preferred but not required
What we're offering:
- A generous benefits package - including health, dental, and vision insurance
- An opportunity to work for an early stage startup in an industry that is at an inflection point
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.