Overnight Operations Coordinator - Part Time
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Operations
As the night operations coordinate for the Skip San Francisco team, you will hold down the fort from 12 PM to 6 AM. You will move scooters around the depot to ensure they get charged for the morning and perform minor repairs. You will have the opportunity to develop valuable operating skills in a fast-paced, collaborative, and mission-driven company.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Arrange scooters on the charging wall to make sure all scooters are optimally charged by the morning
- Move scooters in need of repair to designated areas
- Help bring in scooters that are being dropped off at the depot
- Perform minor repairs on scooters to get quick fixes back out on the streets
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Desire to run an organized and prepared organization
- Experience in night security work a plus
- Enjoyment of exercise and constantly moving
- Hands-on work experience with cars, motorcycles, bikes, electrical systems, or HVAC
- An ability to work independently and multitask
- A passion for business
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.