Senior Software Engineer - Data
San Francisco, CA
Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Menlo Ventures, Initialized, A Capital and Paul Graham.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We believe in working together with transportation departments and were the first permitted system of our kind in the country. Our DNA is rooted in solving problems by listening to and working with agencies, community groups and riders.
Skip is immediately hiring for roles across software and hardware engineering, product, government relations and ground operations as we rapidly expand across the country.
- Build our data infrastructure pipelines and data warehouse - using products on the Google Cloud Platform including but not limited to Cloud Storage, Pub/Sub and BigQuery
- Optimize our logging, device analytics, data warehouse storage and retrieval
- Make recommendations to ensure our data science teams projects remain future proof
- Forward deploy changes while keeping the platform healthy and reliable
- Work cross-functionally with peers (platform engineers, data science, business teams)
- Thrive in a high clock speed environment continuously delivering value to millions of users
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar
- 4+ years of experience building data infrastructure in a large scale production setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for electric mobility a plus!
We promise to thoroughly review every application, so please take the time to let us know why you are especially suited for this role.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.