Fleet Driver - Special Projects
Washington DC Operations
As a Fleet Driver for the DC's special projects team, you will drive our Skip vans to move scooters and perform other tasks around the city. You will have the opportunity to develop valuable operating skills in a fast-paced, collaborative, and mission-driven company. This is full time position.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micromobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
What You'll Do:
- Availability to work 5 days a week, and some weekends
- Proficient using a smartphone and communication apps
- A valid Driver's License with a clean driving recordAt least 21 years of age
- A strong sense of DC geography or the ability to learn the map
- Computer skills, such as MS Office proficiency to perform the essential functions of the job
- Strong oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and make prioritization decisions on the fly
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to pass a background and MVR screen
What We Offer:
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- A cross-functional work environment that includes experts in diverse fields like government policy, hardware engineering, mobile and cloud software, supply chain logistics, and trust and safety.
Why Join Skip?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED.
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, we're the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.