Head of Data Science
San Francisco, CA
Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We are backed by Y Combinator, Accel, Menlo Ventures, Initialized, A Capital and Paul Graham.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We believe in working together with transportation departments and were the first permitted system of our kind in the country. Our DNA is rooted in solving problems by listening to and working with agencies, community groups and riders.
Skip is immediately hiring for roles across software and hardware engineering, product, government relations and ground operations as we rapidly expand across the country.
- Build our data science stack - people, process and technology
- Work cross-functionally with peers (platform engineers, data infrastructure, business teams) to shape the roadmap for data science @ Skip
- Identify the key levers to our business from both supply and demand lenses
- Potential projects: pricing engines for our charger marketplace, predictive analytics for supply placement, Monte Carlo simulations for alternative supply and demand constraints
- Thrive in a high clock speed environment continuously delivering value to millions of users
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Economics or similar
- 4+ years of experience in a senior data science role for a large company or venture-backed startup where data played a key comparative advantage or was essential to bottom line of the business
- 2+ years of engineering management
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and numeral literacy for engineering and business stakeholders
- Passion for electric mobility a plus!
We promise to thoroughly review every application, so please take the time to let us know why you are especially suited for this role.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.