Software Engineer - Product (React)
Los Angeles /
Are you a software engineer looking to build something great? We’re looking for that rare engineer with a mind for complexity and structure, an eye for elegant interface design, and a passion for making it come alive in the browser. You’ll own the frontend development for Skool. You should be interested in how the various components (browsers, networks, APIs, protocols and web servers) work together in concert to delight users by solving real-world problems.
What you'll do
- Take full ownership for building, shipping, and maintaining features, end-to-end
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to design features and break down high level features into tasks and timelines
- Build, document and maintain tests, features and infrastructure
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Invent patterns and reusable components that our team can assemble to build things
What we're looking for
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to work well cross-functionally
- You have built a complex, highly interactive frontend UI for user facing web applications
- You have strong product and design sensibilities and enjoy perfecting the details that matter
- BONUS: You have experience with Next.js, a CS degree, and experience with platform ecosystems
Skool is a community platform that’s optimized for learning. Our mission is to democratize education by building Earth’s largest online school for everybody. We’ve built the initial product. We’re in private beta with select communities to get user feedback and bake the product just right.
Our CTO has 20 years of intense software engineering experience, has high standards for engineering talent, system design, and code quality. Our CEO has 10 years of experience in the e-learning industry building a company from $0 to $36m. He self-funded Skool with $10m of his own money. We’re well funded, remote friendly, have a cool office in LA, a product users love, huge growth potential, a meaningful mission, and a talented team capable of getting it done. Join us! The stars don’t align like this very often, get in while the teams small, and equity is on the table. Above market salary, full employer-paid benefits, catered lunches, and more...
** Know somebody who's a good fit for this position? Refer them and we'll pay you $20,000 cash. **
Here's how it works:
1. Share the link to this position with your friend
2. Tell them to put your email address in the "Were you referred by anybody?" field on the application form
3. If we hire them, we'll email you immediately to arrange your $20,000 payment