Quality Assurance Engineer (Mobile)
Skool’s engineering team is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer with a passion for high quality software and deep knowledge of mobile application testing. You’ll be a core part of the mobile development team, and help define and build test plans to make sure that Skool’s upcoming iOS and Android apps are delivered in a polished and bug-free state. You will represent the needs of the customer, possessing a deep understanding of our product in order to provide the best mix of manual and automated testing solutions that cover a wide gamut of devices on both key operating systems.
This is a 100% remote position. Skool has an office in Los Angeles, CA but works as a distributed team.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the mobile team to define and execute test plans for the mobile application
- Define best practices for testing the application on both iOS and Android, to ensure we have the widest possible coverage
- Define best practices for automated testing on the mobile application
- Own bugs through their whole lifecycle from reporting to resolution
- Be an advocate for best practices in Quality Assurance, specifically in the mobile space
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in a QA / Test Engineering role on a consumer facing mobile application
- Deep experience writing in-depth test plans for features
- Experience building out automated testing for mobile applications
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to work well cross-functionally
Skool is a platform where course creators host their student communities and course content in 1-place, with 1-login, and 1-search. In the past, this was done with a Facebook Group, and a learning management system (LMS). Skool puts the two together and gamifies it, so it's engaging and fun. Watch a 2-min explainer video here. Try the product by joining our Skool Community here.
We've been building Skool for 3 years. We're a team of 18 people. We have a product people love, paying customers, we're well funded, profitable, and growing 20% month-over-month organically. Our CTO (Daniel Kang) has 20 years of experience and high standards for system design and code quality. Our CEO has 10 years of experience in the e-learning industry, building a company from $0 to $36m. He self-funded Skool with $10m of his own money.
Skool is a primarily remote team with an office in Los Angeles.
We like to build things people love. We keep things casual, non-political, playful, and child-like. We've found creativity comes from a place of fun, collaboration, and friendship. We keep our processes minimal, systems simple, and communication casual.
The stars don’t align like this very often, get in while the team is small and equity is on the table. Join us!