Software Engineer - Backend (Go)
Skool’s engineering team is seeking an experienced Software Engineer (Backend) with a passion for developing performant and scalable backend services written in Go.
You will be responsible for implementing new service features, and be focused on building systems and tools to make those services easier to operate and maintain. You will be a core part of the team collaborating with Product Management, Designers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to determine the best implementation for new features within Skool.
This is a 100% remote position. Skool has an office in Los Angeles, CA but works as a distributed team.
What you'll do
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain Skool backend features, end-to-end
- Build and maintain internal tools and infrastructure
- Maintain and advocate for high standards through code review and collaboration between yourself and other engineers
What we're looking for
- You have 3+ years of experience building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex and distributed environment
- You have professional experience with Go
- You have professional experience building and maintaining Web Services
- You have professional experience using the following: Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- You have a passion for writing maintainable and elegant code
Skool is a platform where course creators host their student communities and course content in 1-place, with 1-login, and 1-search. In the past, this was done with a Facebook Group, and a learning management system (LMS). Skool puts the two together and gamifies it, so it's engaging and fun. Watch a 2-min explainer video here. Try the product by joining our Skool Community here.
We've been building Skool for 3 years. We're a team of 13 people. We have a product people love, paying customers, we're well funded, profitable, and growing 20% month-over-month organically. Our CTO (Daniel Kang) has 20 years of experience and high standards for system design and code quality. Our CEO has 10 years of experience in the e-learning industry, building a company from $0 to $36m. He self-funded Skool with $10m of his own money.
Skool is a remote team with an office in Los Angeles. Much of the team is LA-based, but we're open to all US-based candidates for this role. We welcome staff in the office (if they prefer), but work completely distributed.
We like to build things people love. We keep things casual, non-political, playful, and child-like. We've found creativity comes from a place of fun, collaboration, and friendship. We keep our processes minimal, systems simple, and communication casual. We hire talented people, pay above market salaries, give equity, full benefits, the best tools — anything necessary to have fun making great stuff.
The stars don’t align like this very often, get in while the team is small and equity is on the table. Join us!