Software Engineer - Backend
As a backend engineer, you will work with other members of the product team to design and build Skool product features. You will be implementing new service features, and also be focused on building systems and tools to make those services easier to operate. This includes build/deployment tools, containers, queues, microservices, caches, telemetry systems, and reporting tools. You'll report directly to the CTO.
What you'll do
- Write code and author architectural design documents
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain platforms and microservices
- Build and maintain internal tools and infrastructure
- Pair with other software engineers
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining Skool features, end-to-end
What we're looking for
- You have 5+ years of experience building scalable backend systems
- You have 3+ years of experience working on, and deploying, large-scale systems in Go
- You have experience in large scale system design
- You have experience in database performance optimization, backend performance optimization, and debugging live production services
- You're self-motivated and have the ability to take a high-level goal and deliver shippable code
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to work well cross-functionally
- You have a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- BONUS: You have experience with AWS, Postgres, Redis, and/or Elasticsearch
Skool is a community platform that’s optimized for learning. Our mission is to democratize education by building Earth’s largest online school for everybody. We’ve built the initial product. We’re in private beta with select communities to get user feedback and bake the product just right.
Our CTO has 20 years of intense software engineering experience, has high standards for engineering talent, system design, and code quality. Our CEO has 10 years of experience in the e-learning industry building a company from $0 to $36m. He self-funded Skool with $10m of his own money. We’re well funded, have a cool office in LA, a product users love, huge growth potential, a meaningful mission, and a talented team capable of getting it done. Join us! The stars don’t align like this very often, get in while the teams small, and equity is on the table. Above market salary, full employer-paid benefits, catered lunches, and more...
** Know somebody who's a good fit for this position? Refer them and we'll pay you $20,000 cash. **
Here's how it works:
1. Share the link to this position with your friend
2. Tell them to put your email address in the "Were you referred by anybody?" field on the application form
3. If we hire them, we'll email you immediately to arrange your $20,000 payment