Skool’s engineering team is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer with a passion for engineering systems that lead to better efficiency, higher performance, and more consistent delivery. You’ll be a core part of how we deliver Skool.com to users around the world and work closely with the engineering team to help improve scalability, availability, and efficiency across our build and deployment pipeline.
This is a 100% remote position. Skool has an office in Los Angeles, CA but works as a distributed team.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain tools/systems involving software builds, continuous testing, automated deployments, software health monitoring, and software releases
- Partner with the engineering team to improve stability, performance, and maintainability
- Own day to day infrastructure operations for Skool.com
- Investigate, report, and resolve infrastructure team issues
What we're looking for
- You have 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer (or similar role)
- You have a deep knowledge of AWS services such as EC2, ECS, IAM, VPC, CloudWatch
- You have a good understanding of web networking protocols and tooling
- You have operated and optimized user-facing backend services on AWS / Linux
- You have operated and optimized user-facing backend services using the following: Postgres, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- You have operated and optimized user-facing backend services in containerized environments (IE: Docker, AWS ECS, Kubernetes)
- You have experience using CI / CD software such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins, or Travis
- You have worked directly with provisioning/configuration management systems such as Cloudformation, Terraform or Ansible
- You have written scripts using bash
Skool is a platform where course creators host their student communities and course content in 1-place, with 1-login, and 1-search. In the past, this was done with a Facebook Group, and a learning management system (LMS). Skool puts the two together and gamifies it so it's engaging and fun. Watch a 2-min explainer video here. Try the product by joining our Skool Community here.
We've been building Skool for 2.5 years. We're a team of 8 people: CEO (product), CTO (backend), 2x Frontend Engineers, Product Manager, Product Designer, QA Engineer, and a Community Manager. We have a product people love, paying customers, we're well funded, profitable, and growing fast! Our CTO (Daniel Kang) has 20 years of experience and high standards for system design and code quality. Our CEO has 10 years of experience in the e-learning industry building a company from $0 to $36m. He self-funded Skool with $10m of his own money.
Skool is a remote team with an office in Los Angeles. Much of the team is LA-based, but we're open to all US-based candidates for this role. We welcome staff in the office (if they prefer), but work completely distributed.
We like to build things people love. We keep things casual, non-political, playful, and child-like. We've found creativity comes from a place of fun, collaboration, and friendship. We keep our processes minimal, systems simple, and communication casual. We hire talented people, pay above market salaries, give equity, full benefits, the best tools — anything necessary to have fun making great stuff.
The stars don’t align like this very often, get in while the team is small and equity is on the table. Join us!