NYC, Central NJ and Melville, Long Island
Build – Launch
SKOUT CYBERSECURITY provides cyber security monitoring and unparalleled customer service to organizations around the globe. SKOUT's security team deploys the industry's most cutting-edge tools at affordable prices, providing the technology and protection to make cyber security accessible for all.
Do you get a kick out of watching software unfold before your eyes? Do you dream about code every night? Do you enjoy mentoring junior developers? If so, we’d love to talk to you about a few cool products we are developing in the Cybersecurity space. We’re looking for a top-notch Software Engineer who can see a big picture of the product and cares about impeccable code. If you see glitches as an enjoyable challenge rather than a hardship, get in touch with us today.
- Designs, develops, maintains and implements software modules/subsystems for a given product.
- Works with minimal supervision on analysis tasks, and with little or no supervision on development tasks.
- Participates in the definition of the life-cycle of software process and in code reviews.
- With little or no leadership, completes analysis of partially defined tasks, completes major portions of complex functional specs/design documents or entire documents and completes development and/or maintenance assignments.
- Collaborates within and across groups in writing functional and design specifications, development schedules and user interface specifications.
- Identifies and suggests solutions to problems of significant scope.
- Generates engineering test plans from functional specification documents.
- Follows the software life-cycle process when developing software, and actively supports and participates in Agile project stand-ups and ceremonies.
- Assist junior developers when such need arise.
Education, Experience & Skill Required:
- 5+ years of experience in Software development or equivalent experience
- Intermediate engineering experience in Project execution, Operational Excellence, Planning, Innovation and Collaboration
- Basic required technical competencies in: Infrastructure, Platform, Database design and management and Networking
- Intermediate level of technical competencies in: Architecture, Requirements, SDLC, Design, Configuration Management, Testing and Security
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401K with a 4% Match
PTO and family leave
Due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SKOUT has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. SKOUT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
SKOUT is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.