Greater New York City Area /
Build – Product Engineering /
SKOUT CYBERSECURITY provides cyber security monitoring and unparalleled customer service to organizations around the globe. SKOUT's security team deploys the industry's most cutting-edge tools at affordable prices, providing the technology and protection to make cyber security accessible for all.
We’re looking for a DevOps engineer who wants to join a team with great camaraderie, have a massive impact on a growing business and build systems the right way. The primary function of this role will be to design and manage our AWS infrastructure from the ground up and then roll up your sleeves and implement it (as re-useable code of course!)
This is a great role if you:
· Prefer a small team where you can have a big impact
· Things that aren’t automated give you bad dreams
· You enjoy growing a company from legacy ways of deployment to a modern tool chain
· JIRA, Slack and Git are your best friends
· You look forward to demo days and teaching others
· You want to contribute back to the community
· You're interested in data analytics and cyber security
Roles & Responsibilities
· Design & implement the toolchain, systems and processes typical of modern "CI/CD" deployments
· Build best practices and capabilities to maintain and automate failover for multiple apps in AWS
· Convert all apps from current manual deployments to automated deployments
· Containerize all apps as much as possible and shift towards micro-services
· Build support infrastructure for global data pipeline for ELK stack
· Grow your skills! Watch youtube videos on new capabilities and see what you can build at work!
· Experience managing infrastructure in AWS using EC2, VPC, ELB, EKS etc.
· Ability to break down large bodies of work into manageable tasks
· Experience with any of the following: ELK, Docker, Puppet, vagrant, vault, Jenkins, git
· Writes reusable, reliably repeatable code, itself regressed and deployed automatically
· Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as EKS and Swarm
· Extensive working experience with Linux system
· High-level shell fluency + one or more scripting languages (Python, Perl, or similar)
· Has worked in small team building new ways of doing things
· Likes to have fun, moves fast, is willing to read and challenge whiteboard scribbles from the leadership
· 2+ years of experience in AWS or any other cloud providers
· 2+ years of experience in managing Docker containers or container orchestration services like Kubernetes
· Comfortable working in Linux (we are a Linux shop) and Mac (All engineers get one)
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401K with a 4% Match
Parental Paid Leave
Due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SKOUT has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. SKOUT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
SKOUT is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.