New York, New York
Support – Finance
SKOUT CYBERSECURITY provides cyber security monitoring and unparalleled customer service to organizations around the globe. SKOUT's security team deploys the industry's most cutting-edge tools at affordable prices, providing the technology and protection to make cyber security accessible for all.
SKOUT CYBER SECURITY is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing finance team. Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will manage the accounts receivable and accounts payable process, prepare journal entries and general ledger reconciliations as well as perform general forms of accounting data entry.
- Manage accounts payable by inputting vendor's invoices and preparing weekly payment check run;
- Support accounts receivable process by preparing client invoices and posting check payments to the general ledger;
- Help answer client’s inquiries regarding billing and payment;
- Review expense reports for accuracy and proper expense support documentation;
- Support the annual budgeting and audit process;
- Maintain financial document retention files;
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the daily, monthly and year-end operations.
- Prepare reports
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- You are a SKOUT through and through - relentlessly humble;
- You have a strong sense of urgency and performs well under pressure;
- You have a knack for numbers;
- You can calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records;
- You do not miss details and are a whiz at organization;
- You can quickly shift your attention among multiple tasks;
- You meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 3 years of billing/ accounts receivable/ general accounting experience
- Experience working with Great Plains is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft based product – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge of accounting principles based on GAAP and accounting best practices
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401K with a 4% Match
PTO and family leave
Due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SKOUT has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. SKOUT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
SKOUT is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.