Technical Content Writer
Stamford, CT or NYC
Sell – Marketing
SKOUT CYBERSECURITY provides cyber security monitoring and unparalleled customer service to organizations around the globe. SKOUT's security team deploys the industry's most cutting-edge tools at affordable prices, providing the technology and protection to make cyber security accessible for all.
SKOUT is hiring a Technical Content Writer to join our fast paced and innovative Marketing Team.
The Technical Content Writer will create and write; marketing content, sales supporting documents, web content, and technical white papers. The ideal candidate will be able to take a concept and use their creative abilities to bring that concept to life.
- Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Writing clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Preparing well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401K with a 4% Match
PTO and family leave
Due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SKOUT has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. SKOUT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
SKOUT is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.