Melville, New York
Satisfy – Security Operations Center
SKOUT CYBERSECURITY provides cyber security monitoring and unparalleled customer service to organizations around the globe. SKOUT's security team deploys the industry's most cutting-edge tools at affordable prices, providing the technology and protection to make cyber security accessible for all.
We are currently looking to fill a position for a Cyber Security Analyst for our Night Shift. This position is responsible for assessing security threats and risks involving client infrastructures within a managed security service environment.
The Cyber Security Analyst will support the timely delivery of monitoring services and support across multiple customers. This includes troubleshooting and resolution of security issues on behalf of clients. The security analyst works among a team of skilled analysts to address complex or difficult problems as needed. This role will support 24x7x365 operations, including evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform daily operation of monitoring client networks for security events/alerts for active threats, intrusions, and/or compromises
- o Responsible for understanding the global threat landscape and tracking changes in this area, as well as understanding the direct or indirect impact to the customer base
- o Respond to security alarms and analyze and escalate incidents by process or management.
- o Provide expert understanding of network protocols, TCP/IP fundamentals, log, network and system analysis techniques and operating systems (Windows, Linux or OS X)
- o Monitoring and resolution of security incidents within established customer Service Level Agreements.
- o Analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from Security Information and Event Monitoring tools (ArcSight, Splunk, RSA Envision, QRadar), network and host-based intrusion detection systems (MIR, Forensic Toolkit, SNORT, Suricata), firewall logs, system logs (Unix & Windows), applications, and databases.
- o Additional responsibilities will include performing documentation review and improvement, various projects, attending meetings as needed, serve front line response for troubleshooting low-level engineering issues as needed.
- o Specialize in network and log centric analysis.
Knowledge & Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- o Experience troubleshooting in a technical environment, analytical, problem solving skills, software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices.
- o Proficiency with ticketing systems, customer service skills, phone and remote support experience.
- o Ability to work shifts in a 24/7/365 environment, including evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- o Ability to document solutions.
- o Must be a quick learner.
- o Working knowledge of Windows or Linux systems.
- o Hands on experience of DNS and DHCP, routing, IP Addresses/OSI layers.
- o Hands on experience working with Word/Excel/Power Point.
- o Hands on experience with analyzing attack vectors such as:
- 1. Ransomware
- 2. Mobile Threats
- 3. Botnet.
- 4. DDOS.
- 5. SQL Injections.
- 6. Phishing.
- o Hands on experience with Tools such as:
- 1. Top class SIEM tools and ticking system.
- 2. Advanced cyber tools sets.
- 3. Log Analysis.
- 4. WireShark.
- 5. Vulnerability Scanning.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security or Information Security or Related Field experience.
- 1-2 years performing intrusion detection, analysis, incident handling, information technology or security discipline.
- Prior security analysis experience is desired.
- CompTIA Network+ or Security+ is desired.
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401K with a 4% Match
PTO and family leave
Due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SKOUT has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. SKOUT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
SKOUT is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.