Security Posture Analyst Internship
Tri-state area /
Build – Corporate & Cloud Systems /
SKOUT CYBERSECURITY provides cyber security monitoring and unparalleled customer service to organizations around the globe. SKOUT's security team deploys the industry's most cutting-edge tools at affordable prices, providing the technology and protection to make cyber security accessible for all.
The focus of this internship is to review customer data and come up with a formula to determine client health and how well they match to known framework. This formula could include which controls they have, how many alerts they get or external factors.
Responsibilities will involve the following tasks:
- Review sample customers to come up with factors indicating their client health
- Review customer data to find out what factors can be automatically determined and what needs to be manually asked
- Review CIS to identify which CIS factors can be determined from the above and which ones need an audit
- Come up with a score by assigning numbers and weights to each factors
- Develop a survey to get answers to these questions using survey monkey
- Develop a PowerPoint report of the sample survey results
- Work with software team to build a report from the survey
Skills you will need:
- Knowledge of security frameworks like NIST, CIS, CMMC
- Comfortable searching data in a SIEM or excel
- Comfortable doing "group by" or pivot tables
- Strong communication skills both written, verbal and presentation
- Ability and desire to learn elastic search
- Self starter and independent worker
Skills you will learn or may already have:
- Data analysis
- Report design
- Security plan development
- Interviewing and survey development
- Risk analysis
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401K with a 4% Match
PTO and family leave
Due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SKOUT has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. SKOUT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
SKOUT is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.