Director, Operations & Administration
Greater New York City Area
SKOUT CYBERSECURITY provides cyber security monitoring and unparalleled customer service to organizations around the globe. SKOUT's security team deploys the industry's most cutting-edge tools at affordable prices, providing the technology and protection to make cyber security accessible for all.
We are looking for a Director of Operations & Administration for our founder and CEO to enable maximum impact. This role will play a major role in the growth of SKOUT by supporting strategic projects, programs and outcomes across the business. We're seeking a highly strategic and analytical thinker who is results oriented and can act as a proxy to our CEO as well as lead multiple levels of internal communication and culture reinforcement. This role will identify areas of opportunity across the business and our leadership team, help hold one another accountable to our commitments and business goals and jump in to solve problems wherever there is not a leader currently present.
SKOUT is looking for a special SKOUT – YOU WILL NEED TO:
- Practice empathy
- Conduct yourself with the highest integrity
- Be thoughtful, self-reflective and want to grow
- Approach your work like an owner
- Always do things the right way, even when it's hard
- Believe in Finding Trouble before Trouble Finds You
- Be Relentless and Humble
A SKOUT works in a team that lives by these operating principles:
- We protect INSIDE and OUTSIDE the company.
- We are curious and question everything.
- We communicate and educate.
- We respect and reward each other.
- We do what we say we will.
- We give back.
What you bring to SKOUT:
- Must be Highly Intelligent!
- ZERO room for ego - Must be able to run and get lunch, coffee, dry cleaning, etc. – really an all-around assistant
- Huge team player, great attitude
- Ability to manage up, is really detailed and knows when to ask questions
- Gatekeeper to the office of the CEO
- Uncanny ability to read minds
- 24/7 mentality
- Ability to attend critical internal meetings on behalf of our CEO, as well as alongside him where appropriate - reporting back the most pertinent updates and follow-ups.
- Identify and champion many of the highest priority cross-functional initiatives.
- Influence and drive the leadership team to execute its priorities to completion through agenda setting for weekly meetings, support off-sites, and identifying opportunities to increase team effectiveness.
- Craft C-suite level presentations, talking points and briefing memos for senior internal and external engagements.
- Develop policies and/or processes necessary to implement decisions made by the leadership team. Help to manage the leadership team direct staff and facilitate accountability for key priorities. Assist with executive talent matters as needed.
- Own the machine that drives executive objectives that encompasses progress and performance reporting, project management and holding the team accountable to ensure deadlines are met across high-priority, cross-functional projects.
- Consistently analyze our processes and ability to scale, then help prioritize the projects that will make a difference.
- Proactively identify opportunities to add value to our CEO and company
- Responsible for CEO’ calendar - Coordinate all logistics, travel, etc.
- Degree highly preferred but not required
- 2-5 years in similar role
- Background in private equity, startups or consulting
- Effortless storytelling, communication and synthesis abilities
- Strong analytical rigor with quantitative capabilities
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Humble, roll up your sleeves approach with strong executive presence
- Comfort working under pressured, time-sensitive and rapidly evolving situations
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401K with a 4% Match
PTO and family leave
Due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SKOUT has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. SKOUT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
SKOUT is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.