Security Engineer Intern
Tri-state area /
Build – Corporate & Cloud Systems /
SKOUT CYBERSECURITY provides cyber security monitoring and unparalleled customer service to organizations around the globe. SKOUT's security team deploys the industry's most cutting-edge tools at affordable prices, providing the technology and protection to make cyber security accessible for all.
The focus of this internship will be security testing and posture analysis. Working with the CTO, this position will support testing protection for customers.
Responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Develop paragraph or video common cyber attacks such as privilege escalation, credential stuffing , malware implantation using publicly available material or material on Udemy
- Audit contract and source data
- Tie attacks and defense to mitre att&CK framework and kill chain
- Build manual tests or scripts with docker containers or AWS to test the attack
- Build a lab for testing
- Validate that the tests are caught by existing rules in elastic search
- Modify rules if needed
- Ideally build the above with automation
Skills you should have:
- Cyber background in various attack techniques
- Hands on ability to configure systems used in a lab for testing attacks. Examples include windows servers, Linux servers, anti-malware or antivirus, firewalls, ids
- Comfortable at command line
- Some experience of scripting
- Self driven and left
- Ability to research on Google and troubleshoot
- Experience using some kind of SIEM for alert searching
- Comfortable making video tutorials
Technologies you will learn or may already have:
- Elastic search - logstash, kibana, filebeat
- Powershell, bash
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401K with a 4% Match
PTO and family leave
Due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SKOUT has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. SKOUT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
SKOUT is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.