Sr. Security Platform Engineer (Remote)
New York, New York /
Satisfy – Security Operations Center /
SKOUT CYBERSECURITY provides cyber security monitoring and unparalleled customer service to organizations around the globe. SKOUT's security team deploys the industry's most cutting-edge tools at affordable prices, providing the technology and protection to make cyber security accessible for all.
SKOUT has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Security Platform Engineer to join their Cyber Intelligence Center. This position requires a strong background in security, security platforms, and detecting incidents while providing support for customers’ SIEM Technologies, as it’s focused-on data ingestion from multiple IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services.
You will be part of a team that is directly responsible for detecting security threats across SKOUT customers. You need to possess a strong technical hands-on experience in delivering use cases and detection rules for multiple attack vectors. You will help SKOUT by developing detection methods to make sure we can identify potential threats and take action to stop them. You will conduct attacks against our detection methods and learn and continuously strengthen our services. When our customers have a real incident, you are responsible for leading the Incident Response process by providing 24/7/365 support. You are also the primary support for managing SKOUT’s top customers. You have a natural curiosity for all things security and are passionate about all thing security-related. You will be collaborating with other team members daily. Being a team player is a must for being successful in this role.
o Research new and existing log sources and evaluate and implement counter detection methods.
o Develop detection rules to support alerting and response capabilities for our SOC services.
o Continually improve Incident Response process for all customers and identify gaps.
o Develop attack detection methods and manage these methods using tools such as Elastic/FortiSIEM/Respond.
o Conduct Attack & Defend exercises in the SOC to improve quality.
o Advanced Threat/Malware Analysis.
o SOC Ticketing System MGMT.
o Conduct SOC Training.
o Advanced Threat Hunting.
o Investigate new products and services and make recommendations.
o Assist SOC with customer meeting and support request.
o Design custom dashboard for SOC to ensure faster Alarm analysis.
o Implement and execute procedures for administration, management and lifecycle of the SIEM.
o Protect and Manage Top 30 ARR Customers by being the lead for all of their security needs.
o Lead Incident Response engagements.
o 24x7x365 support for Code Orange/Incident Response.
o Tier-3 back up for EndPoint and Email Protection services.
o Tier-2 escalation point.
o Tier-3 back up for Fortigate/Fortimail.
• Bachelor's/Masters degree in Cyber Security or Information Security or Related Field experience.
• 3 or more years Experience in security performing intrusion detection, analysis, incident handling, information technology or security discipline.
• CompTIA Network+ or Security+ CEH is desired.
• Experience in developing parsers and SIEM correlation rules to detect new threats beyond current capabilities.
• Hands on experience with Windows, Unix and Linux Operating Systems.
• Understanding of OSI layers, network protocols (IP, ICMP,TCP,UDP), network services (DNS, DHCP, HTTP), routing protocols.
• Working knowledge of Threat intelligence to interpret IOC’s and translating them for SIEM alerting.
• Experiencing with IDS & IPS.
• Coding skills in Python, PowerShell & Bash (Highly Preferred).
• Hands on experience with cloud architecture such AWS or Azure.
• CEH, CCNA or AWS Certifications (Highly Preferred).
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
401K with a 4% Match
Parental Paid Leave
Due to the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SKOUT has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. SKOUT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
SKOUT is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.