VP of Sales
Denver, Colorado /
Business – Sales /
Skupos is the data platform on a mission to revolutionize the convenience retail industry. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and automates the inventory and ordering process. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from data. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
As the VP of Sales you will shape our sales organization and report directly to the CEO. We are seeking an experienced Sales Leader to help us build and grow the organization with overall responsibility for driving Skupos’ end-to-end strategy for both our Retail and Enterprise sales. You will own revenue, hiring and brand awareness while determining our Go-To-Market approach. The VP of Sales will require both strategic and day-to-day leadership to continue to build out the go-to-market plan which includes: managing and motivating the team, scaling hiring, expanding partners and collaborating cross-functionally across Operations, Marketing and Engineering to drive high-growth.
What you'll do in the role:
- Own the Enterprise sales growth through leadership, organizational planning, and execution of national go-to-market programs
- Own the Retail sales organization supporting, leading and growing the existing team of sales professionals.
- Continue to grow and to build the Retail Sales team and drive the hiring needs through partnering with company leadership and talent acquisition.
- Influence the companies sales methodology and drive best practices on selling, forecasting, and account management within large key accounts.
- Continuously design, build and execute Go-to-Market Enterprise strategies for the U.S. in collaboration with cross-functional leadership (Customer Experience, Marketing, Operations etc).
- Strong leadership - inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead teams, develop talent and adopt change.
- Willing and able to be a hands-on leader and influencer.
- Drive business metrics and sales forecasting, functional review meetings, deal review, customer account reviews, weekly team meetings and periodic company-wide kick offs.
- Travel within the U.S. could be expected (up to 50%).
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales leadership role with direct SaaS, B2B selling with large enterprise accounts.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience building and managing cross functional and high performing enterprise sales teams.
- Minimum of 5 years of success selling into consumer packaged goods (CPG) with a focus in the areas of Brand Marketing, Market Research, Category Management, Shopper, & Consumer Insights
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and executive presence
- Knowledge of SaaS business models and B2B channel structures
- Deep understanding of Salesforce CRM
- Proven ability to sell to large strategic customers
- Proven track record of significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability.
- Driven, entrepreneurial spiritComfortable working in hyper-paced, startup environment
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results in a timely manner, including consecutively exceeding past sales quotas
- Deep understanding of multiple facets of retailer, agency and consumer products with prior experience selling into marketing, shopper and/or consumer insights
- Deep knowledge base of the sales process with the ability to engage senior level executives in strategic meetings to ensure top down alignment regarding strategy and objectives
- Skilled at building and managing customer relationships, including stakeholder managementStrong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Understanding of household panel data (Nielsen and/or IRI)
What We Offer
• Competitive salary
• Equity ownership
• Paid family leave
• Flexible time off, including 11 paid holidays
• Comprehensive healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Life Insurance)
• Commuter benefits
• Play a major role in a strong, small and growing product and technology team
• Be a part of a key platform of product offerings to the retail convenience store industry
• People First Culture (working together with bright, creative teammates to drive ambitious projects)
We are a company dedicated to helping convenience stores grow their business by better managing operations, and giving their suppliers tools to drive efficiencies into the supply chain. Skupos allows single-store operators, and Fortune 100 distributors alike to streamline their workflow and revolutionize a brick-and-mortar industry.
Founded in 2016 and headquartered in San Francisco, our mission is to bring the convenience store industry into the digital age by making it easy for everyone to manage, explore, and understand the data that drives their operations.
At Skupos, we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We're looking for people who are not afraid to learn fast and iterate quickly. Come join us!